Our Unitarian Universalist Fellowship tradition thrives in Dubuque only because we share our talents, time, and financial resources. As a congregation within the UUA, the UUFD is a non-profit religious organization. We typically don’t receive outside funding, except for occasional grants for special projects. We rely on members & friends contributing financial support to maintain our physical, organizational, and spiritual community.
Once the annual budget is approved, at the Annual Meeting, we ask the congregation to pledge financial support to ensure we have income to cover those expenses.
Pledge payments can be submitted in the following way:
- Checks (payable to UUFD) mailed to the Treasurer, Jerry Guenther
- Checks (payable to UUFD) placed in the weekly collection plate
- Cash placed in the weekly collection plate (must be marked with your name and “Pledge” or it will be considered part of the weekly charitable giving)
- Direct withdrawal can be set up your from checking or savings account to transfer contributions to the UUFD checking account. To set it up, complete the lines marked with an “X” on this form (PDF) and submit it to the Treasurer, Jerry Guenther. He will fill out the UUFD sections of the form.
- Pay online via PayPal using the donate button below. Please consider adding 3% to your donation to cover PayPal fees incurred by UUFD.
Each year, we prepare an expense budget to cover the costs of maintaining buildings, managing operations, serving members with programs and services. Here’s an overview of line items:
- Facilities (utilities, repairs, insurance)
- Leadership Development
- Unitarian Universalist Association
- Ministers and Guest Speakers
- Child Care
- Music and Printing
- Religious Education
- Social Action