In addition to Sunday services, we offer a variety of programs and events for members and friends of the fellowship. See the calendar below and the most recent newsletter for details.
Curious about other events we typically have throughout the year? See the list below for some examples! Upcoming dates are listed in the calendar above and the weekly newsletter.
- Game Days: On various Sunday afternoons throughout the winter, Jon and Jeanne host board game days at Tamarack. Bring a snack, friend, game or just come!
- Wednesday Night at the Movies: From time to time we host viewings and discussions of movies or documentaries on Wednesday nights. Movie suggestions are welcome.
- Solstice Celebrations: Typically an informal gathering is held at a member’s house for the summer and winter solstices. Join us for friendship, food, campfire, and fireworks.
- Christmas Eve Dinner: Every Christmas Eve after service, we gather at the House of China for fellowship – a long-time UUFD tradition!
- Watercolor and Zazen Meditation: Some Saturdays, 9:00am at the Emerson House. We gather and settle our minds doing some watercolor painting for about a half hour (or more). We catch up with each other’s activities and thoughts. We then sit zazen (quiet meditation) for 30 minutes, followed by reading a chapter of the Tao de Ching – and discussion, if the reading raises questions to our minds. Please call Tam Prenosil to learn if there will be meditation that Saturday.
UU Camps, Conferences, & Events
There are a great many denominational camps and education opportunities for Dubuque UUs throughout the United States. Visit the following sites for opportunities: