The church building is currently closed, so services and events will be hosted via Zoom. Different events will have a different meeting IDs and links:
- Sunday Services
- Link: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/202754754
- Password: 4321
- Phone: 1-312-626-6799; Meeting ID: 202 754 754
- Monday UUUU Rehearsal
- Link: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/450756901
- Password: 4321
- Phone: 1-312-626-6799; M
eeting ID: 450 756 901
- Wednesday Check-In (Canceled)
The easiest way to connect to a virtual service or event is to call in. It’s just like calling a friend! Here are the steps:
- Call 1-312-626-6799
- It will ask you to put in a meeting ID, followed by the pound (#) symbol.
- It will ask if you want to enter a participant ID. Press pound (#) to skip or just wait and you will be connected.
- Done! You’ll be able to hear service!
You can also choose to join online using a link. The link will lead you through the steps to download Zoom, and then select either Audio or Video connection. Video capabilities are NOT required to participate; though it will be an option if you want to see one another’s smiling faces.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to use a computer?
- No. You can simply call in, like a normal phone call.
- What devices can I access the meeting from?
- Home phone/landline – Call the phone number.
- Cell phone that isn’t a smartphone – Call the phone number.
- Computer – Use the link. You will be prompted to download the Zoom software.
- Smartphone – You can choose to call the phone number OR use the link. If you choose the link, you will be prompted to download the Zoom app.
- Can I test it out early?
- Yes, you can try it out now to see if you can get connected. You won’t be able to hear anything (unless someone else happens to be on at the same time). If you want help testing it out, contact Alyssa Zasada.
- On Sunday we will be ready about 15 minutes early, so feel free to join early to make sure you can hear okay.
- Will people be able to see me?
- No. If you connect with a computer or smartphone, you will have the option to turn your camera on. By default your camera will be off.
- Will I be able to talk to other people?
- Not during the main part of service because you will be muted. At the end we will have an optional coffee hour where you will be able to talk.
Pro Tips for Service
- Grab your slippers, a warm drink, and cozy up with us! The fun part of virtual service is you can come in your pajamas.
- Consider setting up your own chalice to light. Birthday candles count!
- Bring your pets, bring your kids, bring your snacks. You’ll be muted during service, so noise will not be an issue. At the end we’ll unmute everyone for an optional coffee hour.
- We understand there will be a learning curve with using new technology. Consider it the fun part of figuring out how to be creative as a congregation! Together we’ll work to learn and improve each week.
If you have Zoom questions, contact Alyssa Zasada.