Updates & announcements from the Religious Education (RE) Committee
Religious Education (RE) Committee
We provide youth and adults an opportunity to explore, reflect, and learn in a nurturing spiritual community. Unitarian Universalist religious education inspires:
- Ethical growth – internalizing enduring values like justice, equity, and compassion, and gaining tools to act on them in everyday life.
- Social growth – connecting with peers and people of all ages on a deeper level. Finding acceptance among people who see beyond the superficial.
- Spiritual growth – feeling a connection with the sacred within, among, and beyond us.
Adult programs are announced in the church newsletter, website events list, and/or Facebook. Examples of previous programs include:
- Renowned UU Ministers in History
- Building Your Own Theology
- Cakes for the Queen of Heaven: An Exploration of Women’s Power Past, Present and Future
- Wednesday Night at the Movies
- Book Club/Discussions
Our youth religious education (RE) program is a volunteer cooperative effort, and many activities need parent and adult involvement, from teaching some class sessions to becoming a classroom teacher to providing snacks. Teaching can be a very fulfilling way to deepen one’s own faith. At this time the youth RE program is on hiatus and will restart upon obtaining parent/child interest.