Member Info – Timeline
Historic Restoration Timeline
- 2019: Listening groups held to gather input from congregation.
- Nov 2019: Input gathered from congregation given to partners. Ongoing conversations with restoration experts John Gronen, Gronen Restoration; Duane Hagerty, Heritage Works; and Jeff Morton, Jeffrey Morton Architects.
- July 12, 2020: Congregational meeting with proposals, visuals, estimated costs, and overview of financial support. See notes.
- After, survey emailed to members. See responses (PDF)
- Based on responses, Board is moving ahead with next steps: preparing timelines and plans, identifying targets and outcomes, organizing resources to help determine whether the Fellowship has the funding and commitment needed for a successful building restoration.
- July 2020: Survey sent asking for volunteers to help with tasks and estimates of individual pledges toward the project.
- Aug 2020: Financial and Fundraising Work Groups formed.
- Main Street Challenge Grant Proposal (PDF) submitted. Unfortunately did not receive grant.
- Aug 23, 2020: Congregational meeting with updates and proposed next steps. See meeting notes.
- Survey emailed to members to vote on next steps, including: soliciting external funds, applying for State Historic Tax Credits, and incurring some upfront costs with our partners. We had a good turnout with 97% voting “yes,” so we’re moving forward.
- Aug 2020 – Feb 2021: 2:1 Challenge Match Offer
- Aug – Nov 2020: Samuel Felderman & Fundraising Work Group members conducted one-on-one conversations with members and friends to talk about fundraising, hopes, concerns, and questions.
- Sept – Nov 2020: Faithify fundraising campaign.
- Oct 25, 2020: Congregational meeting: update on fundraising and financials. See meeting notes.
- Nov 2020 – Feb 2021: Fundraising brochures mailed out. See page by page layout (PDF) and brochure layout (PDF).
- Nov 2020 – Present: State Historic Tax Credit application process.
- Feb 21, 2021: Congregational meeting